With all the toys and vehicles that many of us own today, there is often a need for an extra structure, such as a Arizona Carports
, to offer protection. The Carport Depot
knows there are many different types of Arizona Carports
: attached, detached, wood, canvas or metal, but they all serve the same purpose. Primarily to offer protection from the weather and to add a bit of security to the items being protected. But what type of carport is best? One that I really like is a basic metal carport, and here are six reasons why.
Why Choose Arizona Carports?
- Portable. Many of the Arizona Carports on the market today are portable. This is very handy if you move and want to take the carport with you, or if you just need the carport temporarily. With a little effort, they can be taken down and moved.
- Very strong and durable. Unlike wood, metal does not suffer the consequences that wood does in the weather, it will not rot, warp, buckle, twist, or crack. It is also corrosion resistant, fire resistant and won't be bothered by termites. And its strength and durability over a canvas car cover is rather obvious.
- Easy to assemble. Most Arizona Carports also have metal framing, and depending upon size, can be assembled by a homeowner with just a little bit of DIY experience in three to eight hours (not including the concrete slab). That is for a metal carport with just an overhead covering, if you have side walls then it will take a bit longer. Having just overhead protection is great for the sun, but side walls give added protection from harsher weather conditions as well as added security.
- Very versatile. Not only can you use Arizona Carports to protect your vehicles, they come in a variety of sizes. You can get one tall enough for storing and protecting your RV, or a smaller one that would still be large enough to protect a jet ski, snowmobile and ATV, or you can even have one installed on a boast slip as a boat slip cover. Besides vehicles, if you live in the country they can be used as protection for hay, large equipment or as an equine loafing shed.
- More available options than wood. You can get the steel tubing in 12 or 15 gauge, and the sheet metal in 26 or 29 gauge. What size gauge you need is based upon the size and configuration of the building, and where you live. If you live in a place with harsh winters with high winds and heavy snow load, then you would need the heavier gauge. Besides steel gauges, you can get metal in a large variety of colors, such as green,white, blue, red, gray, and tan, depending upon the manufacturer.
- Affordable - to actually end up with a covered carport, metal is a very affordable option. You can purchase them as a kit, either of predetermined size or some companies allow special orders, and then assemble the carport yourself. Metal is often more affordable than wood, everything you need is in one package, and if you assemble it yourself, you save a lot on labor. It is a very cost effective way to gain an entire usable structure.
The Benefits of Arizona Carports
These are just six benefits of Arizona Carports
over other options. If you need another building for protection or storage, you owe it to yourself to contact The Carport Depot
today before to see all of your options.